Html Tips and Tricks

Monday, May 17, 2004

The Nice Mailto Trick

If you ever want someone to e-mail you, than mailto is your answer!
When you insert this command into your html code, a link will be created.
Whoever clicks on this link will have their default mail client pop up!
Look at this code:
<A HREF="mailto:?">Send me an email</A>
This is how it looks to the viewer:
Send me an email
We can also before the question mark, type in the address which the viewer is to send the e-mail to, and look at what happens.
<A HREF="mailto:nilsmolina@comcast.net?">Send me an email</A>
Send me an e-mail
We can also add something to the subject line, too.
Look at what happens. We have added subject=This text is on the subject line&
<A HREF="mailto:nilsmolina@comcast.net?subject=This text is on the subject line&">Send me an email</A>
Send me an e-mail
OK, finally, we can even add text in the actual e-mail!
Look at what happens as we add body=This text is in the e-mail
<A HREF="mailto:nilsmolina@comcast.net?subject=This text is on the subject line&body=This text is in the e-mail">Send me an email</A>
Send me an e-mail
Wow, isn't that nice.
Yes, it is the nice mailto trick.


NEED EXTRA HELP? HAVE A SUGGESTION? HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD? PLEASE POST COMMENTS WHILE LOOKING AT ALL THESE USEFUL HTML TIPS AND TRICKS. THANK YOU!

9 Comments:

  • I already had a mailto link on my blog, but I love! this tip. My link appears as "write and tell me how much you love me", so it was totally righteous to be able to add statements like "you're bloody brilliant" in the subject line. Thanks

    By Blogger SamSam, at May 24, 2004  

  • is there a way to add a paragraph space or color font to the body of the text?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 12, 2005  

  • April, look at this html code:
    <A HREF="mailto:nilsmolina@comcast.net?subject=This text is on the subject
    line&body=This text is in the e-mail%0AThis text is on a new line%0AChanging
    text colors doesn't work on all e-mails%0A%20%20%20%20Here is a new
    paragraph.">Send me an email</A>

    The resulting body of the e-mail will be:

    This text is in the e-mail
    This text is on a new line
    Changing text colors doesn't work on all e-mails
        Herer is a new paragraph

    Note that %A0 adds a new line and that %20 adds a space.

    By Blogger nilsmo, at May 15, 2005  

  • Sorry, I had incorrect spelling on the previous comment. Please change "Herer" to "Here"

    By Blogger nilsmo, at May 15, 2005  

  • God! I still love this tip!

    By Blogger SamSam, at June 01, 2006  

  • I love this blog! so informative and good! i never knew you could use the mailto tag without using forums! thank you so much and i added this blog to my favs!

    By Blogger maannik, at July 31, 2012  

  • But for creating a new line is better than %OA and all...!!!! Btw very nice blog. I'll use your blog as my first step to success!!!! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at September 10, 2014  

  • Good evening! I'm Arsen!
    I want to show you something, you just need you open this link, it's really very interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2018  

  • https://techsbangli.blogspot.com/2021/08/what-is-website-in-bangla.html?m=1

    By Blogger ARMAN ISLAM, at August 27, 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counter